The Cross and the Trinity

After my confinement from the hospital I was required by my doctor to go on a one week rest period at home, and while doing so I resolved to finish a book within the week, and the book that I sought to finish was The 7 Secrets of a Happy Home – Insights based on Jesus’ Seven Last Words by a Filipino Methodist pastor named Joey Umali and reflecting on Matthew 27:46 he wrote:

God’s abandonment of His Son Jesus on the cross has been the central focus of theologians from Luther until modern times. According to modern-day theologian J. Moltman, "The cross is the event of God’s love in which the Son suffers abandonment by the Father, the Father suffers the death of the Son, and the Holy Spirit is the powerful love which spans the gulf between Father and Son and so reaches godforsaken humanity."


- Joey Umali, The 7 Secrets of a Happy Home – Insights based on Jesus’ Seven Last Words p.55

No comments: