on the way to the post office

We were on our way to pick up a package at the post office when we saw a pair of children's shoes beneath the jeepney's backseat, lying beside it is a filled backpack that's secured against several water jugs and at the back of the driver's seat was a pair of spoons and beside the driver were more backpacks filled with clothes, I presume...

On the way to the post office I looked at the driver's face as he glanced at the rear-view mirror.

I thought to myself maybe this is where he and his family lives. A thought that I prayed to God I was wrong.

There on the way to the post office I cried. I wanted to help, but I do not know where to start...

On the way to the post office I cried and asked myself what does this reality say about me --about my faith and about us as a people who's been living on a life based on consumption and complacency?

On the way to the post office I cried...

No comments: