I can only wonder...


I was surprised to learn that not unlike the Christmas Days that I've come to know when I was younger, SM Malls and their departments stores are now opened...and I was even more surprised that even small time beer gardens are open with women in skimpy clothes feeling the chill of the Christmas night...and I wonder...

...does this mean that as a people we're gradually losing our soul?

That as a people our ideas of fellowship, celebration and family has now been replaced with the consumerist mindset that the malls represent?

Does the women in the open beer gardens represent the way we view relationships...as people who would give their time for a price to keep us company and listen to our lost hopes and dreams that suddenly come out of our inner most part as soon as the spirit of alcohol sets in?

I can only wonder....

No comments: