gaslight anthem

 


Personally I take offense on those so-called radicals who use this 'defeat' as an opportunity to gloat and gaslight the many who chose to cast their lots on the pink movement and the Leni-Kiko campaign.  

I take offense that their drive to push their 'radical' agendas they peddled the same populist language that was used in the disinformation campaign of the Marcos-Duterte tandem.

I take offense for intentionally leaving out the reality of massive disinformation and electoral fraud as important variables in the final outcome of the polls.

I take offense at their gull to speak for the 'masses' for romanticizing them as a revolutionary force but hesitate in demanding responsibility from the masses for their choice to elect oppressors.

I take offense in how they attacked their supposed allies more than the Marcos and Duterte tandem.

I take offense that in their pursuance of ideological articulation of change they willingly provided an opening for the rise of fascism and an extension of populist rule in the Philippines.

I take offense that when the shit of this new regime hits the fan, it is not them who will certainly experience the violence of the state.

To those who chose cynicism because it seemed cooler. 

To those who are saying:  "I told you so". 

To those who say: "that's just the way thing are". 

To those sayin: "move on."

Fuck you.

No comments: