on a lonely place this season

 For the past few years, nothing has pained me more than the holidays.


None more so than the Christmas, I guess there is something about the cold weather and the cloudy skies that contrasts to the superficial joy of the consuming frenzy that comes with the season.



When I was younger I always loved Christmas, because it means no school, gifts and parties. 

But as I grew older I can help but feel short-changed by the hype.

In the past couple of years, there's that added anxiety because Christmas means being alone in a houseful of people who have no idea that I am dying on the inside because of them.

The feeling of being trapped is more pronounced than on the regular days where I have my job as an escape.


The shit we have to live with because of love.

No comments: